- PHP Proficiency:
- Strong understanding of PHP fundamentals.
- Experience with PHP frameworks, with a focus on WordPress.
- WordPress Development:
- Hands-on experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Knowledge of the WordPress Codex and best practices.
- Front-End Technologies:
- Understanding of responsive design principles.
- Database Knowledge:
- Familiarity with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Ability to write and optimize SQL queries.
- Version Control:
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- API Integration:
- Ability to integrate third-party APIs into WordPress.
- Debugging and Testing:
- Strong debugging skills and knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Familiarity with tools like PHPUnit.
- Web Performance Optimization:
- Understanding of techniques to optimize website performance.
- Ability to analyze problems and propose effective solutions.
- Communication Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Team Collaboration:
- Capacity to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
- Attention to Detail:
- Thoroughness in code reviews and implementation.
- Fluent in English
- Solid understanding of semantic HTML5
- Excellence in CSS/SCSS (MUST be able to near pixel perfect replicate a provided design file)
- Basic PHP. (Suitable experience in any logical templating language should likely suffice)
- Thorough understanding of Web A11Y best practices and WCAC standards.
- Moderate to advanced understanding of Web Performance best practices.Including:
- Page loading Performance (Image optimization, script deferral, etc.)
- Render Performance
- Core Web Vitals timing (FCP, LCP, etc)
- We invite you to join our friendly international team;
- Comfortable work schedule;
- Zero bureaucracy;
- Pleasant working atmosphere;
- Interesting projects and challenging tasks;
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and stable career growth;
- The optional partly compensation for learning English language.
About the Project
Project 1(30 hours per week):A digital marketing company specializing in marketing storage facilities. As part of their work, the client does web development (i.e. developing marketing websites for their clients) in which one developer from Limestone is currently involved. Our goal is to complete numerous websites using PHP based on existing backend structure. The work is primarily front-end, based on PHP template and code igniter; new designs adapted for new clients.
Project 2 (Up to 10 hours per week):
- A WordPress site where design tasks occasionally come in from Figma.
- Support for all WP sites on the client's WPEngine. There are 9 sites and 17 instances (some sites have multiple instances like Prod, Dev, Stage).
- Updating outdated plugins;
- Updating the PHP version of the sites;
- Updating the WP version of the sites;
- Plugin audit (whether they are used and necessary), removing unnecessary ones, installing new ones
Work in a super friendly, truly open minded team with a family-like vibe.
The optional partly compensation for learning English language.
Competitive salary, paid vacation and social benefits.