- 5+ years working on database administration;
- 3+ years on Postgres administration;
- 3+ experience with cloud-based databases;
- Experience with code maintenance;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science or related;
- Excellent listening, verbal and written and presentation communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment by learning quickly, applying new knowledge effectively, and still maintain a disciplined approach to software development;
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, and with remote development teams (international);
- Passion for quality and continuous improvement;
- Upper-Intermediate English level (written and spoken, you’ll communicate directly with the client).
As a plus
- Experience with data warehousing;
- Experience with scripting languages like ruby;
- Good multitasking and communication skills;
- Not complacent with the status quo;
- Passionate about innovation and discovery.
- Analyze data access patterns and ensure efficient SQL and optimal database design;
- Detect slow queries and optimize SQL queries;
- Setup and tune Autovacuum constraints;
- Analyze, setup, maintain and improve indexes;
- Write and maintain automated db maintenance scripts;
- Monitor Postgres performance, setup metrics, thresholds, and alarms to detect issues in DBS;
- Maintain proper backup and recovery strategies;
- Follow and recommend Postgres 3rd party tools and plugins;
- Monitor and plan for increasing load/capacity, prepare and plan additional resources;
- Assist development team to take full advantage of Postgres features;
- Maintain performance for DBs in both OLTP and OLAP use-cases;
- Help support move of OLTP data to a ’data warehouse’ or ’data lake’ type of environment;
- Triage, debug and diagnose production and development database issues;
- Support product deployment, configuration, and testing;
- Communicate pro-actively and listen carefully;
- Work independently;
- Commit to negotiated schedule.
- We invite you to join our friendly international team and work in a comfortable office not far from the metro or remote work;
- Comfortable work schedule;
- Zero bureaucracy;
- Pleasant working atmosphere;
- Interesting projects and challenging tasks;
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and stable career growth.
About the project
Project technology stack
Work in a super friendly, truly open minded team with a family-like vibe.
Competitive salary, paid vacation and social benefits.
Free English lessons with excellent native speakers.
Active office life with ski trips, movie nights and pancake breakfasts.